Web-based sort w/ value list problem!

snbowers

This topic is 8465 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

USED CUSTOM SORTS? PLEASE HELP...

I have a web-based solution that does a custom sort, based on the values in a value list named "plantgroup". The CDML is:

<input type="Hidden" name="-sortfield" value="grouping">

<input type="Hidden" name="-sortorder" value="custom=PlantGroup">

I developed and tested on a Mac. Works fine. We deploy production solutions on NT, so I moved it there, then noticed the custom sort

did not occur. I did all sorts of testing, hosting this on another Windows machine, this time 98. I made sure the newest Web Companion

plug in was in place, so we're talking FMPro 5.0v3, with Web Companion 5.0v6.

When I access through the web, the custom sort does not occur. I've used FMP-CurrentSort, FMP-SortFieldItem, and FMP-SortOrderItem to see what Web Companion thought. It reports that a custom sort of field "grouping" occurred, based on the values in value list "plantgroup". This would be correct! But the order is merely ascending. When I go to the

hosting machine and check out the last sort, I see that it DID a custom sort on field "grouping" based on value list "<unknown>". For some reason, the value list is not getting found, though the value list name matches

that returned by [FMP-SortOrderItem]. Value list "plantgroup" is there in the list of value lists.

I've made sure the character case, etc. match perfectly.

Works when hosted on a MAC! Is this truly a bug no one's run into yet?

Surely there are those out there doing custom sorts from the web on databases hosted on Windows.

THANKS!! :-)

This topic is 8465 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.