Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adding Fields from the same table to an existing Portal

Nickrez

This topic is 6598 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have 2 new fields in an invoicing table that have been defined. I have an invoicing portal in my main layout, and I would like to add these two new fields to the portal, so that it doesn't mess up the existing portal setup. The only thing I can find that seems close is in the "Format -> Portal..." dialogue window. But, this only gives me the "sort fields" option, which I'm afraid to do, because I don't really want to sort anything....just add these two fields is all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nick

Edited by Guest

Nobody seems to have any info on this one. I understand this may be a very elementary question, but I've been searching for an answer for hours now and am coming up empty.

Is it even possible to add fields to an existing portal, or do I have to create a new portal from scratch? If I do have to, will my old records show up in the new portal?

Thanks

Edited by Guest
typo

A portal is actually showing related records, so first you must define the fields in the related table or file. Then you can insert the related fields in the existing portal by using the field tool, and select the related table at the top of the Select Field window, and then choose the related field from the list. Be sure to streach the portal wider if needed, so that the new fields fit within the portal's first line.

This topic is 6598 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.