*true* conditional value list? this might be easy

Jodin

This topic is 8287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

okay, i'm pretty good with FMP's so-called conditional value lists, but we all know they are actually relational value lists. here's my problem, see if you can figure an easy solution. i've tried both the built-in relational approach and also scripting, but so far no luck and i've hit my "if i can't figure it out in a half-hour" ask someone time!

2 files: Equipment.fp5 and Testresults.fp5. Equipment holds pieces of equipment with types (A, B, C, D). The testresults table holds the results of tests done on that equipment, also with types of tests (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8).

Each piece of equipment has different tests done on it. For instance, Equipment Type A can have tests 1,2,3,4 run on it. Equip Type B can have 5,6,7 run on it. EquipTypeC can have 5,6,7,8 run on it, etc. There IS overlapping of the test types run on different types of Equipment.

I want the user to see a conditional value list in find mode based upon the type of equipment they select. If they pop into my find screen and select a piece of equipment =Type A, the type of test list should only show 1,2,3,4 and so on. From there they can select the type of test and see all the results on that Equipment & Test.

I first tried a calc that was setting a field that became the value list through a self-relationship, but it didn't update fast enough. Then I tried overlaying a buttonscript that set the valuelist field upon clicking the TestType field but that messed up my tab order.

Any ideas? I know this can be done (everything can be done in FM if you are willing to suffer through it!) but I'm just not getting it.

Please respond and/or email me any ideas. Thanks!

Jodin

[email protected]

This topic is 8287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.