Changing name of value in value list

pgseye

This topic is 6584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I've been asked to continue working on someone else's medical database. I'm just wanting to tidy up a couple of appearance issues on the main layout. There is a field called Eye Disease which sources from a value list (using checkbox) of several eye diseases. One of the values is:

PDF(Prolif Diabetic Retinopathy)

I wanted to change it to:

PDF (Prolif Diabetic Retinopathy)

That is, simply insert a space bewteen the 'F' and the '(' to keep the same spacing with other bracketed values. (I know this is a picky thing, but just wanting consistency).

When I change the value name to this though, the checkboxes are no longer filled. The data hasn't been lost though, because if I change the field to an edit box, the old PDF(Prolif Diabetic Retinopathy) shows up.

Is it just not possible to alter a value name (even by one character) and expect the data to be automatically updated.

(P.S. I'm not needing to create look-ups, portals etc as this is a one off cosmetic fix).

Many thanks.

Just changing an item in a value list will have no effect on the data. The checkbox isn't showing that it's checked because there is no value in the field that matches it anymore. I suggest you do a "Find & Replace" to update the data in your field to the same spelling as in your value list. After the data has been updated, it will show up once again as being checked.

This topic is 6584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.