Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional is oh so conditional

raingirl

This topic is 6579 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having huge frustrations with conditional value lists. I have a very good understanding of how to set up the relationship and how to get the value list to work. Here is my problem.

I have a Attribute Index and I want to filter based on attribute type. This works fine (both browse and find mode) if the layout setup is based on the Attributes Table and I get the values from the Attribute Index. However, if you start to go a couple degrees up the relational ladder, it gets funky.

I want the layout setup to be based on People, showing a portal of their attributes, with the attribute index used as filtered value lists. This works fine in browse mode but in find mode it doesn't work. I can get the first value list to pop-up, but the second conditional just says . I have tried every which relational model and/or variation of filtering these value lists to work in find mode. I am trying to figure out if the limitation is me or if conditional value lists can't work any farther than two tables away. Is the problem portals?

Any insight would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6579 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.