Convert Radio Buttons

miscole

This topic is 8275 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to create a performance report to Washington for my grant and they are currently using Access and I'm using Filemaker!!!! I can export my information from Filemaker to send to them via email but I'm confused on how to do the following. I currently have a database that contains student information. In my database I have created radio buttons for the following three items - school, gender, race/ethnicity. What I have to report/export to them is different than the simple x-school/y-school; male/female; White/Hispanic. Washington requires that the number 1 entered for male 2 entered for female and so on. They will not accept male or female; white or hispanic. It has to state 1, 2, or 0. Is there anyway to convert the radio buttons that I have in my database to export as numbers?.....example, if male is marked in my field is there anyway to convert the answer to "1" in my report. I'm sure that there is a way but I"m totally confused at this point.

Any advising would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who responds!!!!

You will need to set up some calculated fields to convert the data, and then export these rather than the original check box fields. For example:

numGender = case(gender="Male",1,2)

numRaceEthnicity = case(RaceEthnicity="White",1,RaceEthnicity="Hispanic",2,0)

This topic is 8275 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.