Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Text to Speech using Windows?

This topic is 6601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm moving from FM Pro 7 under MacOS to FM Pro 7 under XP (well, I will also use FMPro 8 under XP)

How do I get the Speak Script Step to work?

Yes, I know that the script step < Speak ("phrase") > does not exist under the Windows XP versions of Filemaker.

But is there any way to make a script make a voice announcement under Filemaker / Windows XP?

Thanks! -Cliff

Who do i have to talk about to apologize and try get this filter off? I don't think its fair that everyone be punished cause i said a bad word once. I mean other than me (and im being nicer now :o) everyone on this forum behaves. Or could we at least get the words D AMN, H ELL etc. unbanned. I get depressed if i cant unstress with words like this. Pretty Pretty please, any who, tell me who i've got to appologize to, and i really will behave

This Forum is provided to solve problems, help people and answer questions. So I will ...

"can't we just make me promise not to do it..."

Here is how:

Go To Record/Request [ head ]

Loop

Show Custom Dialog [ "Help, "Me" ; " Am I saying this for ME or to HELP someone?" ]

If ( Get ( HeadChoice ) = 2

Halt Headtrip

End If

Exit Loop [ If ( not peopleToHelp ) ]

End Loop

... put the rest of your actions here :beertime:

You (and others) may say you're just a kid and let you off the hook. I do NOT. You are very bright; after all, you are here. Write the rest of the script yourself sir ... you will be the one cleaning up your own data if it's wrong. :wink2:

L

Lol, your great LaRetta. True, i do get let off the hook far to often, though i am awfull confused about your script ( though ill assume its a metaphore for something :o ), i am trying to behave myself... Really.

~Genx

This topic is 6601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.