Central file to store print scripts

ptr88l

This topic is 6575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can anyone offer suggestions to help me manage a diverse solution with 8 files, each with a range of print scripts. (portrait, landscape,single sided,double sided, etc)What are some recommended approaches to this? I don't think it's possible but it would be excellent if all print set up and print scripts could be stored in one file.

AFAIK separate files cannot use scripts from other files, so the "focus" of any script is limited to the current file.

Of course, if you integrate the 8 files as separate tables into 1 file then you can overcome the problem - but may invent new ones along the way.

Alternatively, keep your existing structure and develop a universal set of scripts in one file, then import them into the other files.

I have done this myself, with each of the variable parts of the printing routines as separae sub-scripts to accommodate different record sets/op sys/etc...

I use a total of 8 scripts:

2 Preview scripts (one landscape one portrait)

6 print scripts: (three landscape, three portrait) one for each of current record, records being browsed and blank records showing fields.

I then just reference these throughout the rest of teh database.

~Genx

This topic is 6575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.