Weird CWP Error

This topic is 6513 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a single user who is getting the following error when trying to edit a record on the web using CWP xsl:

The resource http://[email protected]:16014/fmi/xml/FMPXMLLAYOUT.xml?-db=Inventory&-lay=Step+2+-+DSG+Approval&-view= could not be loaded because of an unexpected error

(MCS-604)

File: editrecord.xsl

Line: 16

Column: 112

He is logging into the database using his domain account. Mine works fine to do the same task. I have tried everything I can think of. I gave him the same access rights as me. When he logs in on his computer as me, it works. When he logs into my computer as him, it doesn't. I removed a field from the page and it works, but that's the field I need most of all. The field is not special in any way. Its just a radio button for approve/deny. There are no special access groups and i even created a new user in the domain, mirroring his rights and it works. Ideas?

• 1 month later...

Ok, i've done a bit more research here and found that the error only occurs for this user when there is a radio button or dropdown list in the html. I used the Filemaker Site Assistant to create a brand new page. The page loads fine for me, but when this user logs in, he gets the MCS-604 error.

I have ensured we are all in the same groups and everything is identical. I have no idea what is going on here. Can anyone assist? Thanks!

Additionally, its erroring out on this line of code:

I tried cloning the user again and this time it didn't work. It looks like the AD authentication is not allowing access to valuelists. Only my AD account seems to be able to access these value lists. I can't seem to figure out why! Please help!

For those of you that would like to know the answer to this, I'm not sure if this is my environment, or a FileMaker Problem with CWP:

Do NOT use an @ sign in your AD password. Just be safe, use a !#$% or whatever. But stay away from the @!

Thanks all.

Yer wanting people to type their password with a a %40 rather than just changing their password to something else? :)

Anyhow, yeah, seems very logical NOW! No one seemed to think it was all that logical while I was wasting 3 days troubleshooting it!

Anyhow, I called FileMaker and let them know to add that to thier knowledge base.

Thanks!

--

Chevell

This topic is 6513 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.