Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using a value list in search criteria

This topic is 6576 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a database which holds the name of organisations (field: ORG) together with the type of organisation (field: TYPE).

The TYPE filed is populated using a checkbox field created from a predefined VALUE LIST.

I want export lists from the database of organisations that match each of the VALUE LIST values.

I can do this manually by finding all ORGS that match first value, sorting, exporting, etc.

However, there are over 30 values in the VALUE LIST which proves incredibly labourious. Also the VALUE LIST grows as new types of orgs are added.

Is there any way to automate this in scriptmaker?

Any pointers would be useful.

Many thanks

This does basically what you want but you still have to manually name the files on export. If you move up to FM 8 Advanced you'll be able to take advantage of Script variables. These will allow you to lose the global field TempText and to dynamically name the export files, thus totally automating your process.

ValueListExample.zip

• Newbies

Kent_S

Thank for your prompt response. I have downloaded the files you posted and will attempt to apply the principles to my database. I will feedback when I get some results. Thank you again

This topic is 6576 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.