Portal Row Summery

This topic is 6565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal with a timecode. The timecode comes from a second fm file. How can I add up the total time used in the portal rows? Sounds not to difficult but I cant get it to work! Thanks so much!

It won't work because your timecode is not a time field. You need to translate it to time (or some other numeric value), before you can sum it.

Try defining a calculation field (in the related table, where the timecode field is) =

Let ( [

h = Mod ( Div ( Timecode ; 10^6 ) ; 10^2 ) ;

m = Mod ( Div ( Timecode ; 10^4 ) ; 10^2 ) ;

s =Mod ( Div ( Timecode ; 10^2 ) ; 10^2 ) ;

f = Mod ( Timecode ; 10^2 )

] ;

Time ( h ; m ; s + f / 29.97 )

)

Set the result to type Time. In the other file, sum this calculation field instead.

Notes:

1. I am assuming you are using 30DF (29.97) timecode format, and that your data represents durations;

2. The result of the sum calculation is also time. Frames will be displayed as decimal fractions of a second. If you want to display the result in timecode format, you will need another calculation for this.

Ok what I have in this database.

First file is the portal row with a portal to a second file wich has a Timcode field with following TC calculation I found here

Let ( [

TC = Right ( "00000000" & Filter ( Scene_Time Code ; "0123456789" ) ; 8 ) ;

hh = Middle ( TC ; 1 ; 2 ) ;

mm = Middle ( TC ; 3 ; 2 ) ;

ss = Middle ( TC ; 5 ; 2 ) ;

ff = Middle ( TC ; 7 ; 2 ) ;

separator = Case ( Right ( Scene_Time Code; 1 ) = "d" ; ";" ; ":" ) ;

error =

hh > 23 or mm > 59 or ss > 59

or

ff >= GetAsNumber ( Scene_FPS)

or

Right ( Scene_Time Code ; 1 ) = "d" and GetAsNumber ( ff ) < 2 and GetAsNumber ( ss ) = 0 and Mod ( mm ; 10 )

] ;

Case (

error ; "TC Error" ;

hh & ":" & mm & ":" & ss & separator & ff

)

)

Where do I exactly put the Sum calculation??

I uploades the file to; User:Admin no pass

http://www.invisiblefilms.com/dvready2Test.zip

I am looking at your files, but it is hard to understand the purpose. It seems you are after a logging solution (Tapes -> Scenes) - but then the timecode entry in Scenes would be the start point of a scene? If so, what would be the meaning of summing the start points of all the scenes on a tape?

Also, why don't you put the two tables into the same file? And why do you have 4 separate TC fields, in addition to the Scene_Time Code field?

Finally, the calculation above seems familiar, but the result should be set to type Text. The purpose here is merely to format the entry to the standard TC display, but as far as Filemaker is concerned, the result is just a meaningless text string. For any numerical operation, you need numerical data (i.e. number or date or time).

So the translation calc above would need to be in the Scenes table, and the Sum() calc would be in the Tapes table.

Yes I am aiming for a logging solution in the scene file and a clip duration in the portal of the other file. I dont know how to combine the two files. The TC fields are yust some experiment left overs. I used to have a finished solution like this I made a while back but I lost all my files and now I'll try to recreate a better version and i got lost.

Thanks

Thomas

>>>>>EDIT

OK I was rethinking and it would be easier to enter TC_in and TC-Out convert to time and substraced to get a clip time. Is this possible? If yes how would you rcomend of doing it?

Thanks

Thomas

New File

http://www.invisiblefilms.com/sceneinfo.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.