Table Name calc in Separation Model

This topic is 6557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure out an easy way to capture a table name in a calc or function. I really want a Get(tablename) function that returns the table you are in when you run a script or a get(fieldtablename) that returns the table of a specified field.

I have tried get(activefieldtablename) but this only gets the correct value when you edit a field in the same file that holds the field/table, it does not work if you seperate the data and interface into 2 files. I have wondered if this behaviour with get(activefieldtablename) is a bug because the get(activefieldname) works in the way you would expect in this situation. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Guest

Two possibilities that I can think of...

The first is to create a table where you'll store the names of our table occurrences and their corresponding source table names. Then you can probably use Get(LayoutTableName) to get the Table Occurrence name, and then use the table you created to find out the source table's name.

The second choice is the one recommended by the Functions and Script reference book, which is to employ a prefix on your table occurrence names, and use the actual source table names as the root for your table occurrence names. You should be able to parse out the source table name from there.

Other than that, I have no idea what you need with the table name, so I have no idea what you're going to do with it.

Thanks for the suggestions I will try. I am trying to buid a audit system that has the log in a single table for all the tables in the File. For this reason I need the source table of the field being tracked as an attribute of the log record.

This topic is 6557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.