NO spell checking, please!

This topic is 6536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In FM Pro 8, it looks like all files are created/converted with the option "Indicate questionable words with special underline" set to ON.

Is there any way to set this to OFF for all future file creations/conversions (and not have to create my own special template, etc.)? I couldn't find any way to do it from the standard documentation...

(By the way, FMI: 1) they're NOT questionable words, they're French words!!! 2) Why don't you just fire the turkey who dreamed this up before he does more damage???)

Thanks!

Lol, thats great, you might be able to get the french dictionary you know. As for turning off spellchecking on creation of new files by default - I'm not sure filemaker inc. thought you would be creating new files that often for it to be a hastle to turn it off manually.

And if your country happens to be bi-lingual then... well what can you do :B

~Genx

You can use user dictionaries. So if you happen to have the time to import the entire english and french languages into a user dictionary, you'd be able to do it. (I say this because im quite sure that you cant export out of standard filemaker dictionaries).

Actually, just import the non default language into a user dictionary.

This topic is 6536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.