Can I Subvert the Find Dialogue?

This topic is 6554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all! Need some advice from a Master Scriptmeister. I'm creating a database for use by people who are not to be trusted with my data. : (See image #1 attached)

I've created a find button which switches to Find Mode and takes the user to a new "S=earch for Project" layout. (See image #2 attached)

When the user enters their search terms and hits "Enter," the script then takes them to a "Results" report. (See image #3 attached). Once there, the user can click on the record they want, and the script takes them back to main layout and returns them to browse mode.

This all works pretty slick, and the user never knows anything about Find Mode or Browse Mode or whatever. The status area is hidden so they can't muck around.

So here's the problem: if the user enters search terms that don't exist in the system, they get the standard "No Records Match this Request" dialogue box, with options to cancel, continue, or modify find (see image #4 attached).

That's fine if they select "Modify Find." However, if the users chooses to cancel the find, they're left on the "Search for Projects" layout in browse mode..

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the dialogue box so the only option available to the user is "Modify Find." Or, at the very least, a way to make my script understand that it should return to the main layout and switch to Browse Mode if the user cancels their find request.

As usual, thanks in advance for any advice!

helpimages.zip

This topic is 6554 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.