Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing Large Files

SanderS

This topic is 6561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client that is always printing LARGE reports. Some of them are upwards of 500-900 pages. I have tried to get them to look at the data on the computer more but they are a little backwards thinking. The problem is that some of these reports take upwards of 4-8 hours to print and when they used to print them in filemaker 7, this was not an issue. The files would print very quickly. The reports are exact copies of the old layouts.

I tried making pdf's of the same report from both versions and the report was 1.1 meg in the version 7 and 120 meg in the version 8. Same problem on multiple printers and multiple computers. Couldn't find any more information about this on the discussion groups. Is any one else experiencing this.

Thanks in advance for assistance

Edited by Guest

Please give the trees a chance! 500+ page reports are a joke - if any one does read them is there anything they learn from them?

Must admit that's a huge leap in pdf size, but a small step in versions :-).

Are there any graphics on the report?

Matybe a more summarised version of the report(s) would help.

I know, 500 page reports? Thats a bit... yeh, maybe you should look at summarising the data a bit or letting your users select the info they print?

~Genx

Believe me that is summarized and that is only the information they want. I've tried to get them many times to try and save paper and they just don't think about it that way. They are a non-profit and are doing good things in the world so that is one way for me to reconcile their paper wasting ways.

However that doesn't help me solve the stated problem. There are no graphics on any of the layouts that are being printed, only text. Has anyone else noticed anything similar to this at all??

This topic is 6561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.