how do I save a login password on WIndows?

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are using FileMaker Server 7 and have remote users connecting to the server from a mix of Mac/Win FM client apps.

Because we have set the Server to only show databases allowed for the user, the user is prompted to enter an account name & password once when they click on the host in the Open Remote window and again after they click "Open". I realize this double-password entry is because we set the server to only show dbs allowed for the user, and I also realize there's nothing that can be done about having two screens appear.

On the Mac, we can click "Add to Keychain" so that the user doesn't have to enter the password ever-- the windows appear with the account name and password already filled in.

Does anyone know how to do something like this on Windows? Out 1 Windows user doesn't like having to re-enter the account/password twice each time, so if there's a way we could "store it to the keychain" that's what we want. But alas, it's Windows. Any ideas? I think she has Windows XP but I can double-check if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any tips

• 2 months later...

I would suggest using an opener file for the users that don't want to enter a password. Bassically it is a filemaker file stored locally on the user's computer. There only needs to be one script that is launched on startup and make sure that the opener script has that user's acount name and password. Have it auto start with that username and password. The opener file's script will then open your remote database of choice and pass the login name and password that the file used to start up with. There is a thread on this from a long time ago if you wanted to do a search on it.

This topic is 6482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.