Acrobat 4.0 compatible PDF's

Cassetti

This topic is 6551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any easy way to automate creating a PDF in Filemaker Pro 8 that is compatible with Acrobat 4.0

My boss still does not want to upgrade to acrobat reader 5. These pdf's get sent to customers so she wants them to be compatible. We are using distiller but it takes too long to generate pdf and save it to the certain filename. If we could automate the process it would save us a LOT of time.

Edited by Guest

Version 8 only has the option to save PDFs as version 5 or 6. The Acrobat Readers are FREE, so I don't see the objection. If necessary, maybe you can download the needed Readers, and supply them or install them for the Client.

HTH

Lee

The problem is inconvience. My boss doesn't want anyone to have to download a newer reader, though in my mind if they are still running 4.0 i think its time they should upgrade since they are up to what? 9.0 now??

Who is being inconvenienced. The client who has failed to keep their systems up-to-date, or your company who must waste time and energy tying to find a way around their reluctance to keep up with the times.

If they are a marginal profitability client, I would tell them that they need to do it so as you can provide a better product. If they are a high profitability client, or your only client, then offer to come to their work place and help them.

my 2¢ worth

Lee

This topic is 6551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.