Dropping the leading zero on export?

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There is a field in my database that always starts with a zero, used by the state for identification. On export to .csv the zero is dropped for whatever reason.

I have the export using a layout to do formatting for me, so the 'format using current layout' is checked. The field is also a text field, so it should be exporting everything.

This is screwing up my flat file generation, so if you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Guest

Hi Comment

That was well spotted - how did you do it?

Did you use the search system or just good memory? I sent a post last week to the forum ops to consider pre-processing topics against the existing forum content before posting to the board.

I was actually looking for this and found the other one by accident.

pre-processing topics against the existing forum content

I am afraid it's one of those things that seem like a good idea - until you try you to implement them. Computers are extremely poor at interpreting human language. Perhaps in a millenium or two...

Wow, that's very strange. I honestly don't remember posting that. Thank you, though.

Will this then do the same when imported into MS Access? I have an access file with a macro that generates a flat file, the field is given 12 digits, but it always has a space at the end because of the leading zero being ignored/stripped.

Fortunately/unfortunately I didn't program that access macro so I'll have to get the responsible party to take care of it. Thanks again :P

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.