Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional Value Lists

This topic is 6547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi - I'm creating a small media placement process and have 3 fields - Type, Name, Format. I would like to enable the user to first choose a media type (eg: Magazine) from a drop down list. When they move to the second field - Name - it should show them a drop down list of only the magazine names (eg: Chatelaine). The 3rd field is then format - eg: 1/2 Page Ad. For each of the media types, there are specific Descriptions and formats related just to that media type. I can figure out how to use a table with a self-join for two of the options (eg: Type and Description) but can't seem to figure out how to have a third level associated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debra

i'm attaching a file....

It wasnt clear whether the format is based on the Type or the Name

so Format field shows based on Type

the second Format field shows based on Name (the same field but click the one on the right and a different list comes up compared to the one on the left)

TEST.fp7.zip

Okay that wasn't clear - sorry.

If you look at the layout "Main" you will see the field "Format" twice.

The one on the right shows a drop down list called "Format" which is based on what the field Media type contains.

The one on the left shows a drop down list called "Format 2" which is based on what the Name field contains.

I hope that helps!

This topic is 6547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.