Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing found set via web?

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Is it possible to print a found filemaker set via a web browser.

E.G

User conducts a mailshot search and wants to print the letters from the web browser.

i.e 25 people found to mailout too, pressing filemaker print button in browser window prints the 25 personalised letters from i.e rather than FM.

We have this setup in Filemaker but have a client that wants purely a Web hosted solution and this is the only block I have stumbled on so far.

Hope it makes sense.

Edited by Guest

well we are running filemaker 7 server advanced on OS X Server 10.4 and have the option of running filemaker 8 server advanced, so CWP although I guess could run either but IWP is not as flexible?

What would it entail? are you talking CSS as in Cascading Style Sheets?

Edited by Guest

Thanks I assumed that CWP would be the way to go seeing as I have FMSA 7 but also the abilty to migrate it to 8.

I understand style sheets allow you to maintain the style of a website with ease, but am a little unsure CSS and how it would work for my scenario, sorry but treading on newbie ground here.

Could you explain a little or give an example?

XSLT is not enough if you want to control the page breaks. Then you need CSS in addition. See

http://de.selfhtml.org/css/eigenschaften/printlayouts.htm (in german, but you may figure out).

Or you use an XSL-FO processor or a plugin such as the schubec pdf plugin to generate a pdf file that can be downloaded.

a plugin such as the schubec pdf plugin to generate a pdf file that can be downloaded.

OK thats seems like a good idea as it would remove the next hassle of the web browser printing urls and headers etc etc.

Only snag is that plugin is client based not server, so I think in my dumbness can't see how it would work if people are accessing via http browsers rather than FM Clients.

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.