Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem publishing value lists on web

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have a dbase that builds value lists from two other reference dbases. Everything works fine until I publish this dbase to the web. When performing a find in the browser (Safari), the value lists are blank except for a check mark. Other value lists that are entered into the dbase (custom values) show up though. I had it working properly at one time but now it doesn't work--even with FM8v3. Don't know why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

I have a very similar problem (I think). I have a main database with a relationship, for example sake, let's say it's a database about cars. The main DB is pretty simple, just the car model and manufacturer. One of the relationships is "tires". All this "tires" database holds is a reference to a third database of catalog info. So, in the "tires" database, I link "CatalogID" to the "RecordID" in catalog db. That lets me control the tire model description for all main records referencing that catalog entry.

Well, if I publish this configuration in IWP, only the main data (from the "cars" database) and the 1st level related data ("tires" database) is displayed. If I try to display fields from the catalog database, the fields in IWP are displayed as . IWP will not open more than 2 levels of data (primary plus 1 relation downstream).

Even if I create a calculation in the "tires" database to pull in the item description from the catalog database, that calculation field will not display any data in IWP.

All this works great in the fat client but IWP seems to be a little under powered for that level of cascaded relationships.

Is this possibily your sitauation? Are your value lists generated from external file references or relationships?

Anyone follow me on this and have a suggestion of how to make such a configuration display properly in IWP?

• Newbies

Hijack,

I think my value lists are generated from an external file reference as lookups; I don't think I made them relational.

I'm not sure what happened when I published the dbase using IWP. I phoned FM's tech support and it was rather useless for helping me with this problem. And I just hate explaining what's wrong on the phone. I would of rather emailed the dbase files with a few records or had the dbases downloadable at my .Mac site. Still, it gave me pause about upgrading here as FM 5.5 is still working fine for us.

Ciao

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.