Multiple container records to repeating field?

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a calculation that can take a container value from multiple records and convert them to a single record with repeating fields?

I am not looking for a script, I need a calculation where the content can be updated in realtime.

Before somebody takes the time to create this script or calculation for you, can you tell us why you want to do this? Maybe there is a better alternative solution. What you are asking is to have a script the denormalizes your data. Usually people want to maintain a sound relational design. If you indeed need this functionality, how is the script or calculation supposed to know which records go into which repeating field's record? Are the container field and repeating fields in different tables? Please provide much more information so we can assist you.

I am trying to come up with a workaround to solve a visual annoyance that is inherent to how FM refreshes portal rows when buttons are clicked. This visual glitch does not happen if I use a repeating field instead of a portal.

Here is a test file that might give a better idea of the problem that I am trying to solve: http://billbe.com/POS_TEST_v1g.zip

Most programmers that I work with would not give a darn about the visual stuff and they would just implement the solution with the cleanest and most efficient code. Unfortunately the constant flickering of buttons in portal rows is unacceptable to my client.

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.