Importing Word Form docs into FMP

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way in FMP to reference form fields in a word doc (or PDF for that matter) and inport the data into an existing database. The issue here is not everyone in our team has (or needs) FMP and we have various soft forms for them to fill out. We would then like to import those forms into the database. Is this for FMP v10?

Thank you!

I do have the full acrobat. Would easy user require it? Also, a runtime can stand alone right? and then just import from there? I am new to advanced and the runtime and that may be a good way to go as I do need to guide them through the process of filling out the information. The PDF I imagine is more apt to work across multiple platforms...no?

Thank you for the primpt reply and inspiration. I appreciate any further thoughts. My ultimate goal is to make it really easy on the end user.

I created a form in Acrobat once, and Filemaker is about 10 times easier. In addition, you would have to make the users send the filled forms somehow to a central location, where you can select them from within Acrobat, export the data to a cvs file - then switch to Filemaker and import the cvs file.

A runtime, OTOH, could upon clicking 'Submit' export the data to a pre-defined path. Someone more knowledgeable about networks should step in here to explain how to set this up to prevent a conflict between FM networking and your OS network.

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.