Container fields grayed out

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Why are my container fields grayed out in my relationship graph. Every other field is normal. Also when I put a quicktime video file into the container field it won't play unless I create a file reference. Anyone know whats going on?

Containers are greyed out in your relationship graph because containers can't be used in a relationship. Sorry I don't know the answer to your second question - never done it. :wink2:

For those of us who are not yet expert I just discovered that all quicktime files are not equal. I created a quicktime file and put it into the container field I created but it would not open or play within the field. I went back and saw that there was a number of different options to save as a quicktime file. My original file had a suffix.dv which would play via the quicktime player if it were a referenced file. I went back and saved the movie under a simple quicktime movie file (which is what I thought I was doing initially), and it opens into the mini player inside the field and works nicely. Just in case someone else may not know.

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.