Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Archiving portals

This topic is 6556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using a script how would i be able to change a portal in a single record, so that the data displayed will always stay the same and never change; even if the data in the related records change.

Edited by Guest

We need more information. What is the purpose and what is the structure between your main file and that portal? Are you saying you want to take all related records and write them to ONE field in Main? No compute... :wink2:

05-18-06 03:42 PM - Post#206425 Portal not showing data

Ok i have the following two tables.

Member(Name,Country,Points,Ranking,Season ID)

Seasons(Name,Comment,Season ID)

I have also created a self link from season to season based on Season ID,using a second occurence/copy of the season table(Seasonscopy).I changed the relationship from '=' to 'x'(ie match all records.)

There are 10 seasons the seasons are shown on each member layout using a checkbox.

It is season 1 currently so i have assigned members to season 1 then created a portal to show related records from member.

When a certain date arrives, i will start season 2. When i do this i want all the points in member layout to reset to 0 and the season field to change to season 2 for everyone. However i still want to be able to see what points people got in season 1 via the season 1 portal.

This topic is 6556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.