will filemaker ever support flash in a container field

This topic is 6409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I didn't know where to place this post. Do any of you feel it would be a great asset for Filemaker to allow a container field to display a fully interactive flash movie? I am just wondering why it doesn't - It would add to the value of filemaker by millions.

Just wondering.

Dave

Yes.

You might want to check out the FileMaker Flash web site in the meantime. There are some great examples of how you can integrate the two right now. For example, you can create a flash executable separate from the web and have it talk to a FileMaker database. In other words, you can populate Flash with FileMaker data without using a web browser.

http://www.filemakerflash.com/

Actually...

Export your Flash file(s) as Quicktime, then insert them as quicktime into a container. You have to save the Flash version back pretty far in your publish settings, like 5 or earlier. There are some ActionScript functions that are not supported in ealier versions that will not work but I don't have any trouble so far. The only hitch I've really had is that no controls appear at the bottom of the container field when you click into it, like when it contains a multi-page PDF, and you have to context menu to play the movie (there may be an autostart feature you can turn on in the movie). You can actually interact with FileMaker through a Flash movie using the XML connector in your Flash file and bind it to elements of the FileMaker file. But I'm not sure if it will work through a QT movie. And I'm also not sure why you would want to work through Flash in a container field to get to FileMaker when you're there already. But navigation and hyperlinks all work fine.

One more thing—if you have other .swf files that are loaded into your main movie by the loader component they will not load. I even tried replacing the .mov extension with .swf to trick it but no go.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic is 6409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.