Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with 8.0v2

This topic is 6543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I upgraded to filemaker pro version 2 and later version 3. After upgrading to v2, one of my relational calculations changed from a zero to "?". The relationship is back to the current table using a secondary key. When a record is found it displays its value properly. If not found, I get the "?". This makes all my other calculations that use this value, invalid. I tried using an "IsEmpty" and "IsValid" in the calculation. The results were the same. I reinstalled 8.0v1 and everything is fine again. Any suggestions?

There have been some recent descriptions of a bug in version 8 which messes up the index. I had a similar problem of records not found and reindexing solved my problem. Try searching the forum for indexing errors. Any other thoughts?

Hi Joe,

Earlier versions of 8 did have some issues and I would suggest running the 8.0v3 Updater. But I wonder if that is your problem. Can you provide the fields (and data type) and calculation used in this relationship and formula (which produces the ?)? Bringing a solution from vs. 2 through vs. 8 would certainly open you up to many unexpected version-behavior changes such as 1) failure of boolean for Y/N, True/False, Yes/No, 2) short-circuting behavior of If(), Case() etc., 3) field-creation order and many more.

If it is a number result, have you tried increasing the field width? If it is a date, then the ? tells you the date is invalid. Regardless, it causes your relationship to fail and even FM recognizes the problem. But until we see the calcs and relationship, we won't know for sure. We'll help you figure it out. :wink2:

LaRetta

This topic is 6543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.