problems passing data between tables

frankb

This topic is 6535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I have 2 tables only joined by a constant relation using a calculated value of "1" in each table. In table A I have 4 fields that are calculations (dollar amount totals) that I need to pass to table B automatically. I have no problems accomplishing this by setting the field in table B to a calculation and setting it so that it automatically places the data from table A.

My problem comes in when the user performs a search in table A and work with only a current found set. When this occur the "dollar amount totals" calculation fields that I have in table A update correctly however the calculated results in table B are incorrect due to the constant relation between table A and table B which does not take into account only the current found set of records in table A. The values that are calculated in table B (which are simple calculations that only references its counterpart field in table A ie... tablea:field1) are "dollar amount totals" taking into consideration all records.

Is there a method in which to make a calculated field result in a "1" if the record is part of the current found set and of course if the record is not part of the current found set the result would be "" (nothing). If this is possible then the calculated results would only take into consideration the current found set of the current user.

Thanks for your time :

It's not entirely clear to me what you are trying to do and what the purpose of Table B is. If you need to show a total for only the currently found set, use a Summary field (Total of the amount field) in Table A. You don't necessarily have to place a summary field on a summary part of a layout, it performs nicely in the body part as well.

Regards,

Peter

This topic is 6535 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.