How can I reset the FMS7A server password?

This topic is 6472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just installed FMS7A and ran the latest updates. I opened the Admin utility, logged in and changed the password and turned on the secure connections option. Now I can not log back into the server.

I tried to log in from both the computer running the server and a remote machine on our LAN but the server is not accepting my password.

How can I reset the password?

More information is needed. You can't log into the SAT Tool remotely, or even directly on the Server CPU itself?

Correct.

Also do you have the v4 updaters installed or just the v3 ones?

I have installed the v4 updaters.

Try repairing permissions. You may also need to delete the FIleMaker Server preferences. If those steps do not clear the problem, remove FileMaker Server, then reinstall it. Without launching it, then apply the updaters.

One other thing to check first in the activity Monitor is that the FileMaker Server helper daemon is actually running, although since you said you opened the SAT Tool, presumably it is.

Steven

I can not find an uninstaller. How do I remove FMS7A (Mac OS X) so I can reinstall it and assign a new password?

If you have FMS8 there is an uninstaller that comes with it to remove Server 7. Otherwise, you'll have to do it manually.

Steven

• 1 month later...

I installed FMS8 demo for the past month and it worked fine. I just did an uninstall of it and re-installed FMS7 along with the current updates. I was able to open and access the newly installed copy of FMS7 with the admin utility several times with no password.

Then...I entered a new admin password. I closed the admin utility and now...as I experienced a month ago...I can no longer access our server!

What the heck is going on? I am 100% certain that I am using the exact password that I entered and confirmed when setting up the server. This has happened twice now...very frustrating!

• 4 weeks later...

It's Root/Preferences/AdminAuth key.

You'll probably need Terminal to delete it. Be sure ALL the FileMaker Server daemons are stopped (2 or 3 depending on version).

Don't do this if you don't really understand Sudo and the Terminal.

Steven

This topic is 6472 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.