Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How can I type a "backspace" with a script?

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am creating an on screen keyboard for a touch screen and I can not figure out how to send a command that executes a backspace or a (delete).

I need to navigate forwards, backwards and delete one letter at a time. Any suggestions?

You can read the current position of the cursor using the Get( ActiveSelectionStart ) and Get( ActiveSelectionSize ) functions and change it using the companion script step Set Selection. This way you can move back and forth. To delete individual characters you can use the Clear script step.

See also the demo file posted here.

Regarding your second question, see:

Help > Creating a database > Working with formulas and functions > Identifying text constants and special characters in formulas

Thanks for your sample file post.

You can read the current position of the cursor using the Get( ActiveSelectionStart ) and Get( ActiveSelectionSize ) functions and change it using the companion script step Set Selection. This way you can move back and forth. To delete individual characters you can use the Clear script step.

I have read up on the get functions that you mentioned but I have not had any luck trying implement what you have described.

After some sleep the scripts in the posted samples made more sense. I kept getting confused between script functions and calculation function. So much has changed since FM 5.5.

I've just about got it all working. Thanks for everyone's help.

I've got the navigation working, and I can delete characters one at a time, but I can not keep the "Get ActiveSelection" script step from highlighting characters so new text can be inserted without deleting a character.

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.