Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Current Date / System Formats

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There

I have a multi user database that has been working fine for years, however I have just added my new MacBook and seem to have a date issue only of this machine - The problem seems to coincide with arrival of my new Macbook or in the installation of Parallels Workstation software.

I use a global field which is refreshed via a script with the system current date on login, however on my Mac only, the date is entered in a US format instead of UK.

All the regional settings on my Macbook are correct & I have tried looking at the use system format setting.

Other standard "auto enter" date fields seem to work fine, just the global script updated field that is causing a problem.

I have checked the date field format & everything look good.

Any Ideas?

Matt

I haven't got an answer for you, however I'm curious about the parallels workstation performance.

I tried using iEmulator on a Dual G5 2Ghz and the performance claims were astonishingly OVER STATED - it ran like a dog. Parallels is claiming near native performance.

I would have to say that Parallels is brilliant!

I have been involved in the Beta program from the start & we are now on Release Candidate 2 (which seems to coincide with my FM date problem!).

The performance has been tweeked over the beta's & (i'll just go out and say it) it's near native speed - Win XP runs amazingly quick on my MacBook Pro. The only thing to watch thus far is the graphics performance, as it relies on a parallels driver which is still basic.

I have a dual monitor setup at work running Mac OS X on the Laptop and Win XP Pro on the external display.

Works great for me.

Matt

Just noticed you mentioned a Dual G5.

Parallels is written for the New Intel Mac's which is why it's so fast. It can address the new hardware directly, removing the 'lag' of an emulation layer (very basically put).

Unfortunetely it won't be much use to you on a G5

Matt

This topic is 6533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.