Hide field when not used?

This topic is 6500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I'm not sure whether this is the right forum as this is also a layout/printing question.

I use a database to send out quote requests on parts and store the prices I receive back. Underneath each line (one part) on my fax layout I would like to have notes field that I can add extra information sometimes when necessary.

Line 1 - Part #, Desc, Qty Req, Cost, Condition

Line 2 - Part #, Desc, Qty Req, Cost, Condition

Line 3 - Part #, Desc, Qty Req, Cost, Condition

Notes on the line 3 part above -

Line 4 - Part #, Desc, Qty Req, Cost, Condition

Somtimes this field will be empty so I don't want it displayed on the fax at all.

Is it possible to hide a field completely if it's empty so my fax will look like the example above?

Thanks Pedro :P-)

Edited by Guest

Thanks Raz, I've tried printing/sliding but couldn't get it to totally eliminate the space the field occupies when it is populated.

I was hoping there was someway to show/hide the field when say a check box was checked.

Thanks Pedro :P-)

Edited by Guest

Hey there - to get it to eliminate the space, choose "Also reduce the size of the enclosing part" under Sliding/Printing and that should fix it!

Thanks, I figured out what was happening, I had the text aligned to the bottom and to slide up it must be aligned to the top. I really need to align the text to the bottom so it would be great if I could show/hide the field itself but I don't think this is possible.

Cheers Pedro :P-)

Don't forget this is an American package and we're using it upside down. :rofl:

When the text box is empty it disappears completely. The space you are still seeing is the space between your data fields and the comments field. What you need to do is align the comments vertically to the bottom, move the field up so there is no space between the data fields and the comment (except for the space at the top of the comment within the field), make the space below the comment equal to the space you want between items.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.