Server Maintenance This Week. ×

filtering records problem

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hello,

i'd like to ask the pros out there if it is possible to filter records with (dynamic) value lists.

i've got two tables ( A and B ) with the following fields: "contact no", "first name", "last name","school" and "city".

(i don't want having to click on a search button to filter the records, thats why i'm looking for a relationship solution)

I want to filter in table A records from table B being able to use all the fields (but not at once) as filtering criteria.

While it is easy to set up a relationship that lets me filtering records as I want for ONE field (with a portal and a relationship), I havent found a solution that lets me filtering records with all the fields.

basically, I need a database that can filter records as the attached Excel sheet does:

a) filtering records with all the fields and with value lists that contains all the values entered in the table

:P dynamic value lists that adapt their content to the SHOWED records only

while point A is a must, B is not so important to me.

anybody knows

list.zip

I want to filter in table A records from table B being able to use all the fields (but not at once) as filtering criteria.

It's the "but not at once" that really are bothesome - So it's not the above graph you mean, hoefully are you aware that you then via script should deal with 2^5 combinations?? But the objective was a non scripted solution wasn't it?

--sd

Billede_2.jpg

• Newbies

thank you a lot, Søren Dyhr and John Mark Osborne. Both the graphic and especially John Marks file helped me a lot in finding a solution.

the clue was to work with two calculation fields that filters the related records, pointing to a third field that contains the searched data. fantastic. :

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.