New Record Icon - VERY SLOW

This topic is 6521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This is a file that was converted from FMP 5.5. One database works fine, the other it takes 10+ seconds for a new record to appear. This database also has 717 fields and I'm not sure if this would cause the problem, or if it could be something else. It worked fine in FMP 5.5.

Hi dgentz8,

FMP8.0 Advanced? First, I would run the 8.0v3 updater. Did you convert your files properly (according to FM's many articles here )?

The first thing I would check are your file references. I would also add a Commit Records/Requests after you create your new record. Can you provide the script you are using? 717 fields is quite excessive (but possible). We have 120 standard fields in our Customer base and I've heard of 300-400 standard fields but never 717! Still, the number of fields shouldn't make a difference unless you have a lot of auto-enter calcs and lookups. Lookups are quite slow in 7/8 and it is usually recommended that you use auto-enter calcs instead. Switching several of our lookups to auto-enter shaved several seconds off our New Record action. Simply, we need more information to help you pin it down.

• Newbies

I will try converting again, but some of my files work perfectly, and I did the same process on all of them.

I am not using a script to create a new record, I am simply using the icon on the toolbar. This is why it surprises me so much.

Thanks

This topic is 6521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.