Remembering passwords

This topic is 8403 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

One password is easy to remember, but what happens when you've made several d-bases (let's say 15)?

Where do you keep all the passwords. In a file on the computer or in a little black booklet in your pocket?

Hmmm....does this mean I'm oldfashioned?

No but seriously: what do the old rookers in the trade do? It's hard to believe that your own organic database is capable of storing passwords from many years yonder.

I just sort of finished my first d-base and I'm about to get new customers so I was just wondering....

I could make a new d-base to store the passwords of all the old ones in, and then make a small d-base to put the password in to open the d-base in which all the passwords are in. Or should I open the small one with a script so that it automaticly opens the one with all the passwords... laugh.gif" border="0

Looks like a case of terminal indecision brought on by technology overkill. How about keeping a red binder in your office with all the passwords in it? I guess you could have them tatooed on ... oh, nevermind. -bd

What I do is three things. One, I generally give each system I build one of about three passwords that I use on a regular basis.

Two, I have built a database system for my projects that, in addition to other things, tracks time and billing, and I keep the passwords in a field field for the project there.

Also, when I build a solution, I also build an access file. This file has the same master password as the system, but this file is set to use that password by default. When the file opens, it runs a script in a file in the real system that opens the rest of the system. Since it's password is the same as that of the system, opening the access file has the effect of opening the system with the master password. I never include this file when I deliver the system to the client.

Chuck

This topic is 8403 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.