Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP automatic logon and Windows credentials

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to use Windows credential instead of typing username and password on the home web page of IWP. Actually my users have to enter their username with this syntax: [domain][username]. I tried to configure IIS with Windows Integrated Security with no success.

I use the external authentication function to define my users within my databases and it work very well with my Active Directory. Filemaker Pro clients can open database without entering username and password and security is now transparent to them. I would like to have the same result with Instant web publication.

I’m using Windows 2003 SP1 with IIS 6 and Filemaker Advanced Server 8.0v3

Thanks

There's no SSO for an IWP client. Nor can the credentials be stored as a stored site password. However, the same credentials that the user authenticates with can be re-entered into the browser's forms based credentials page. And the authentication will occur against the AD account.

All that said, if you turn on the database visibility option for FileMaker Server, IWP users will be challenged once for access to the list of files on hosted for IWP access. Thereafter they will not be challenged again for files falling into the resulting list.

HTH

Steven

This topic is 6528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.