Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Corrupted Admin consol login

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I did it again, but to a different file. Somehow the web publishing admin console has changed its login info on me. How does one reset this? I was able to reset the FMS admin console in the registry.

OK this is a totally diferent issue from the SAT Tool log in. It's somewhat more complex to fix.

1. Stop ALL services for FileMaker Server and WPE. All 4.

2. In this folder:

C:ProgramFilesFileMakerFileMakerServerWebPublishingConf

locate the following and delete them:

cwpe.mcc

config_properties.xml

wpc.prefs

[color:red]

This reverts the WPC console to its original state. After doing this you'll have to set up Server Advanced again as you did initially.

Alternative is to reinstall.

You need to find out what's going on with your server. These are unusual occurrences. Be sure to update to the latest version (7.0v4 or 8.0v3).

HTH

Steven

Thanks. I agree, something is up with this server. The FMS admin console corrupted the password again (with no user intervention), so I did the registry fix again and set it for no password this time to see if it held. This problem was probably our fault. We are trying to set up the Instant Web publishing (with little success) and must have changed something which disturbed the link to FMS. There were three of us trying various fixes to get the IWP to work, so it was bound to happen. FM documentation was not very helpful. We will continue trying, albeit with greater care. Thank you for your help. You are a life (job) saver.

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.