Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Navigation breadcrumbs?

deego55

This topic is 6520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any way to create a navigation "breadcrumb" menu on a layout (similar to one on this page)? I am looking to create something dynamic depending on where you are:

Home > Planning > New Request

So that you can click on the names and return to the previous layouts.

there are methods to track where the user has been which layouts.

however it will not behave visually like a web page a clickable link. you will need to determine the

total number of levels the user can navigate too then you will need to use a several portals to display the data side by side...

in this case there is a set numer of levels each protal will have the button that goes to the desired location

based upon abstraction.

however the visual look may look odd as you will need to make the text fit within the bounds of the

portal. and it will not slide left if you have short or long level discriptions.

Home >>[tab]Level 1 >>[tab]Level 2 >>[tab]some long lev[tab] >> etc

Hi deego,

I think it's a great idea to put visual cues about the hierarchy of the database as the user navigates around, but I'm not so sure a dynamic structure for that is particularly useful. It seems if the user is on the New Request screen for the Planning module, the hierarchy would be the same no matter how they got there.

On the other hand, you might want to use navigation buttons to go backward and forward through the screens the user has visited (even undoing data changes,) but this can get pretty complicated.

This topic is 6520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.