password id system help

sujag

This topic is 8271 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on a password id system but I am confused about how to pass the password from one db to the other db. Example follows:

User db has userids and passwords, Contents db has all the information. I am using the builtin groups and passwords features for the Contents db. The admin would be responsible for assigning the user to the approiate group in the User db. The password is stored in a global field in the User db. Can I send the password from the User db to the Contents db? if so, how? what script function would I use? I am using Filemaker Pro 5.5.

If you are trying to pass privileges from one db to another, you don't need the global password field. You just need to create the same users/passwords in the contents db (using built-in feature). Then if a user logs into one database, their user id and password is automatically used for any databases that the original one might call.

Does that make sense?

• Newbies

I'm trying to set up the same sort of system in which a user logs in via a web form. Once logged in, the user should only be able to view/edit records in a related (sales) database which they have privledges to. I'd like to be able to have the "users" database control entry to our "sales" database.

I've set user privledges in the "user" database, but can't get how to translate those to the "sales" database. Is it a calculation that I'm missing?

Any help is greatly welcome!!!

Thanks in advance

This topic is 8271 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.