Master password for only one group

Shane

This topic is 8207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to write a script that takes users to a file if they are members of a group. works fine using Status(currentgroups) calc. only problem is it won't work for the master password because it belongs to all groups. How do I define an additional master password that belongs to only one of a number of groups?

quote:

Originally posted by Shane:

I'm trying to write a script that takes users to a file if they are members of a group. works fine using Status(currentgroups) calc. only problem is it won't work for the master password because it belongs to all groups. How do I define an additional master password that belongs to only one of a number of groups?

The master password is a member of every group. Now, what exactly are you trying to do? Are ypu trying to have it so that if the master pw is the one used that the user goes to a layout that no one else can access?

Old Advance Man

I want a button that takes users to a file if they are members of an appropriate group, including myself should I logon using the master password. I have a script that works for members of certain groups using status(currentgroup)="group Name" or status(currentgroup)="other group Name" or.... and that works. if they are not members of the group then they will not be taken to the file and shown an error message. when I include status(currentgroup)="master group Name" a group that only is used by the master password, I get the error message having logged on with the master PW. I want a password that accesses the entire file that is related to a single group. Is this possible??

Shane

This topic is 8207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.