HELP NEEDED! Updater FMA8.2/3 won't work

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am reposting this problem. I had no replies in the previous posting. Maybe now? FMA8 updater v2 tells me that it cannot find a file called "Filemaker pro 8 advanced.msi". I checked, it is in the same folder as the other updater stuff. I have no way of browsing and indicating it manually. What am i doing wrong?

Anybody?

You have the original CD in the drive, right? Could it be that it is not the CD you installed it from (like maybe it was v1 and the install CD you have in there now is v2?)

Maybe uninstall and reinstall with the CD you have now and then immediately apply the updater (without even opening FM)..

slightly baffled since normally when this type of error comes up you'd get a browse dialog so you can locate the original install msi yourself.

What about the usual suspects: anti-virus software, software firewall,... try it with those turned off?

No idea. But since you're not getting the "browse" option, it seems to me that the updater exe is stuck in some loop and can't proceed.

I'd try uninstall the whole bit, copying the install files to a local folder and installing from there, then apply the updater.

Are you running the updater from a network share by the way?

SOLVED IT!

I suddenly remembered that with another program updater (not Filemaker), I ran into trouble because the updater was not on the C disk. I put it there just now, and everything has been properly installed. Not sure it is the C/D disk stuffing it up, it could be that the directory containing the updater was 'too deep' in terms of the directory structure. Anyway, problem solved!

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.