Bypassing password when triggering external script PLEASE!!!!!!

This topic is 8153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys - belated happy new year!!

I need Filemaker to do one simple thing that has been driving me nuts for weeks. I thought I'd found the answer buy nay!!

After hours searching on the net I found a program called iDo Script Scheduler to execute an APPLESCRIPT at a certain time

the script I am executing is called RUN REPORTS DATABASE which looks like this

tell application "Finder"

activate

select file "auto reports.fp5"

open selection

end tell

the file "auto reports.fp5" is an empty database with a script that runs upon openng of the database which looks like

perform <external script> sales database ; print sales report

exit application

the iDo Script Scheduler runs this script every day at 20:00 hours.

The external script of 'sales database' updates a unique number that corresponds to a days activity between 8pm and 8pm the next day. Field 'day number' is incremented by +1 every time the script is run and it searches for all record entries that have the previous 'day number' meaning I am not stuck looking for a date and time. Instead it finds a number that is looked up for every new record which only increments at 8pm the following day. (Good search criteria if a day is not seperated by midnight!)

My problem is this:-

The database that is opened by the Applescript does not have a password for obvious reasons - automation would be useless if you are still required to go to the machine to enter a bloody password!

It triggers an external script in a database that DOES have a password - hence, needless to say, I still have the same problem!!!

Is there an addition that I can add to my applescript to paste in the password? Because this script will terminate after the report is done, there isn't any reason to keep it a secret on only one machine that is locked in a high security office. The sales database is controlled by Filemaker Server and this database will only be on an Administrator's CPU and the iDo Script Scheduler will also only be on this one machine.

Failing any answer to this question, please give me an alternative method of making the sales database have an alarm clock to activate the script that increments this lookup field and print routine!

I'm going nuts!!! Please help me!!! I've also pasted this in the Script section of the FM Forums to double up the chances of an answer!

Thank you in advance!!

This topic is 8153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.