Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using POST Forms and Submit buttons Automatically?

mberding

This topic is 6501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any way to have FileMaker 8.5 do this:

Go to a web page with a form that uses the POST method, input data, and hit submit?

I'm working on a USPS integration, and image data is sent back to FileMaker via XML that is Base64 encoded. I've written a perl script to decode the image and display it, which I can do by hand just fine by copy / pasting and clicking on submit, but I'd like to have filemaker do this for me.

Anyone have any ideas if this is possible?

It looks like there's very minimal integration between FileMaker and the WebControl. FM doesn't expose any JavaScript objects and can't seem to call JavaScript within the Web Control.

I was hoping that setting the web control location to a "javascript:" URL would allow us to run any arbitrary javascript, but it doesn't.

Luckily for you, most web scripts don't care whether the data is coming in via POST or GET, so you should just be able to put the tracking number in the URL. If that works, then the only issue might be logging in.

This might be a better job for an AppleScript/shell script combination.

Unfortunately, I have to use it as a POST method - I'm passing about 40k worth of Base64 encryped data.

I might be able to make it into some kind of shell script, I suppose. It has to work on Windows though.

If anyone has a really easy way to Base64 convert encoded TIFF files into an actual TIFF file that FileMaker can use, then that'd be great too!

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.