Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dashed Line

This topic is 6489 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing something here but I'm trying to get a dashed line in a layout. The layout has a section the customer will cut out and return.

I've created a line, I've given it a pen pattern and that looks fine. Until you bump up the line width beyond hairline. Then it just looks like a series of vertical lines.

While obviously this isn't particularly serious I'm thinking that I must be missing something. Surely FM has a good way of making a dashed or hatched line.

I've attached an image to show what I mean.

dashed_line.JPG

There are two ways, that I can think of, to this native to FileMaker, i.e. using FileMaker's drawing tools.

Draw a box and use a line pattern.

Use the Text tool, and hyphens to create your lines.

Since FileMaker can now handle Transparent Graphics, I might even spend the time to create the look I want in PhotoShop, and then bring it in as a transparent graphic.

HTH

Lee

Yea I tried the line pattern bit but the best I could come up with was what I first posted. I think using hyphens might be the only way to go. I thought about the transparent graphic and maybe that's the ticket. It all just seems a bit much for something relativly simply hense the move the wish list.

Thanks all,

Bryan

Based on Lee's suggestion, you could also try an icon editor, which is very cheap and easy to use. I use ArtIcons (Windows only), which will put out .PNG files as well as about 24 other file types. It might take 2-3 minute to create a set of dashes of some thickness and length, which you save as PNG, and then use the Insert command..

Steve

This topic is 6489 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.