Server Maintenance This Week. ×

email not working

Leslie MacNeill

This topic is 6462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have one more issue to resolve. I'm not receiving email from the website; there are no error messages -- the email just never arrives. The code in question is below and the website is now live at http://www.motorwarehouse.net. To execute this code, you need to go to the Engine Kits link and purchase a kit. Once you have completed the checkout, the email SHOULD be sent to you, the customer as well as me. Thanks in advance for your help.

You may add the following line to your code immediately after fmxslt:send_email()

which gives you further hints.

Most often the e-mail is not sent because the XSLT e-mail file does not conform to the MHTML mail standard (RFC 2557).

The problem mostly is due to
tags in the XSLT e-mail files. These are not supported by MHTML, which requires just

. And hence you get into conflict with XML/XSLT, which requires that every opening tag needs its equivalent closing tag.

Replace the
by

Thank you so much, Martin, for getting back to me. The error code statement resulted in 10201, which is a message formatting error. I checked the email stylesheet and there are no
statements. I assume there's something else in that file it doesn't like. I tried to find MHTML how-to info online with no luck. Could you suggest a good source?

This topic is 6462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.