Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Moving data between tables?

This topic is 6471 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to copy specified fields between tables in a single FMP 8.5 file, to consolidate data into a unified report. I don't want to use an external file (messy), and I need the process to work for remote as well as local users.

I can kludge together a solution using a local variable and the Import from File statement, or Applescript (very slow), but is there a more reliable, high performance way (perhaps a plug-in) to move data between tables of the same file?

Now that a single FMP file can contain multiple tables, shouldn't Filemaker have this basic move-data capability built-in?

Thanks,

Larry Goldman

I agree that it is very unlikely that you need to move anything if you know how FileMaker relationships work. As far as applescript, saying it is slow is a very incomplete and inaccurate statement. Speed differences of 100X are quite possible depending on how you do things. But as I said it isn't actually very likely that applescript is the technique you need. What you do need is a more complete description of what you are trying to do.

This topic is 6471 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.