Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mark record when printed

This topic is 6471 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

So I'm working at a client with a large contact database normally sorted by "zipcode". We want to print out a few hundred records at random (so i figured I could just sort it by "name" and then print out however many we need) but then we want to organize it by "zipcode" again and see which ones have already been printed. Is there a way to do this? Is there a better way to print a randomized list and then mark the records printed? I'd also like to know if there is any way to not show/sort items without a zipcode. Any help is greatly appriciated.

~Adam

Edited by Guest
Added question

Not sure the best way to create a random found set (I'm sure someone else can answer that for you) but once you have a found set - make sure to have a script that prints the records, within that script have a set field step that sets a field say "last date printed" to today's date. That's what I do in my solution where I want an action to take place only the first time a record is printed. As far as omitting records with no zip you can perform a find where field zip = . When searching for a blank field you don't put anything on the other side of the = . As long as you are scripting this process it all should be pretty simple.

This topic is 6471 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.