keypress buffer modify via javascript in valuelists

chevell

This topic is 6435 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, i'm trying to modify the keypress buffer using javascript of an xsl generated value list from filemaker. I have the script in the head, but I can't figure out how to trigger it in the select statement. I've included my code below.

requestor()

Select One

requestor

Select One

I think i just have the script being called in the wrong place. Getting source on the final generated page doesn't even have mention of the function call. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah, same thing happened to me the first time and I just thought I was crazy. On the second post I figured out to turn off markup.

Ok, so I put it where you suggested, but it seems as if it still doesn't work. i know the script works, as I put in a non xsl based popup and it works fine. There as to be a way to do this...

Anyone?

In your example, "this" will return the actual object, which will be the select object, not the option that you have selected.

In one of our solutions, I use

onChange="myfunctions(document.name_of_the_form.name_of_the_select_object.options[this.selectedIndex].index)"

However, that depends on what your keySort function really does.

Well, the script essentially allows you to freetype into the dropdown list, so when you type j-a-m-e-s you get "james" rather than the begining of the 's'. So basically, you're saying i need to modify this text: "onkeypress="return keySort(this);"

This topic is 6435 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.