List of dates...

This topic is 6435 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Any ideas how I can generate a list of dates from two - start date/end date? I need to enter the actual interveening dates into a series of fields.

Next question: [ok I cheated! :^) ]

How can I get a script to add together the contents of two fields

ie. on page 1 I have 'units' = 2

on page 2 I have 'units' = 3

in another Db I need the total of these two fields. These two questions are linked as they will be date-dependant.

Does that make sense?

Thanx as usual - in advance

Pete

Any ideas how I can generate a list of dates from two - start date/end date? I need to enter the actual interveening dates into a series of fields.

The answer depends on the purpose and structure. Is this suppose to create a new record for each date in the range? If so, what's it really for (there may be a better way)? Or is this "series of fields" a bunch of fields in the same record??

How can I get a script to add together the contents of two fields

Again, it depends on the structure. Can we assume that "page 1" and "page 2" are records? What's their relationship to the other "Db"?

In general, if two tables are related, you can total the related values from a field by using the Sum() function.

Ok, more detailed explanation;

I have [so far] three Db's.

1 - [color:red]Asset inventory

2 - [color:orange]Project inventory

3 - [color:green]Weekly pick

I need the [color:orange]Project inventory to produce a list of 'picked' items [from a finite stock - [color:red]Asset inventory]. These 'units' will be 'unavailable' for a set amount of time. I have fields;

[color:orange]Project Inventory DB.

Project start [date].

Project end [date] and

Duration [number]

Unit # [serial from [color:red]Asset Inventory]

Unit quantity - 'stock' [number from [color:red]Asset Inventory]

I want to feed these numbers - by all the days [dates] they are unavailable - into the [color:green]Weekly pick to calculate what stock I have remaining/available. [stock - 'unavailable' = available Does that make sense?

Put simply, I have 255 different 'units' that I can put together from a 'kit-of-parts' to form exhibition stands. And I need to be able to see when the stock of any of those 'parts' is getting critical - on preferably a weekly basis. To help me design other stands with what I've got available.

Let me know if a graphical 'map' would help.

Thanx

Pete

This topic is 6435 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.