Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remove Help from Menu Set

This topic is 5750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok solved it ... if you copy the existing Help it has a lock on it you can then customise it an add it to your set... if you just create a new one and call it help it makes a new menu item ... hmmm

This also works on FileMaker Pro the menu item ... but im sure you all know that already.

;)

• 1 year later...

Hi Stuart,

I've been looking for a way to remove the default "Filemaker" menu item (appears after the Apple menu) or at least disable individual items on it. I'll try what you mentioned about the Help menu.

I've searched high & low for info on this - maybe not searching in the right place.... Or maybe everyone knows this but me!!!

Thanks, Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, tried copying the help as you mentioned - that worked. Was not able to get the preferences to work though. What I´m looking for is a way to disable or remove the Preferences item from the Filemaker Pro menu. I´ve tried setting the account privileges to "Minimum" menus, but that seems to screw up my custom menus.....

I did a search via Google on this & came up with nothing. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have also the same problem. I wish to replace the "Filemaker Pro" menu with the name of my application. Duplicating the default Filemaker Pro menu don't work as the "Override Title" is grayed out...

Thanks for your help

Edited by Guest

Actually I have noticed that it is a Mac Specific Problem.

If you launch the file attached under a windows system, the Filemaker Pro and Help menus are not there, but if you launch it under Mac OS X, those two menus are there even if they are note defined in the menu set

Is there a workaround ?

menu.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.